Saturday 18 January 2014

SNUB TV.

Snub TV was an alternative music show that ran from 1989 to 1991 on BBC2, and it was the first truly indie show on primetime tv. I had my first exposure to the likes of The Stone Rose, Pixies, Throwing Muses, Kitchens of Distinction, My Bloody Valentine, Curve and loads more It was just the right time, when I'd just left school, and it truly shaped my musical future. I bought my first 12 inch single of the first Curve single, The Blindfold EP, because I saw them on Snub, and my first CD single, Drive That Fast by Kitchens of Distinction, because it was on Snub.

Unfortunately the Snub interview with Curve isn't around, but here's the video, along with a load of clips from the show, all gems, including some Mark E Smith wonderfulness, The KLF being completely honest and straight for a change in an interview from before 3AM Eternal was released, an incredibly young pre-Doolittle Pixies and more. There's loads more on YouTube as well, there are some gems out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment