Thursday 16 January 2014

Top Drinking Partners - #1 Vol 1


BECK

Fancy a pint ? .... Aye why not.

Popping out for a pint on my todd can be alright sometimes ... Now & then there's nothing better than grabbing my coat, closing the door behind me & nipping off around to the local ale house for some of that selfish, 'don't you dare fckin bother me time'.  I do like my own company, but not enough to want to sit in solitary confinement, alone on the sofa naked, watching shit TV and eating nowt but curly wurlys & crisps for ten years solid. The allure however, of a glowing pub fireplace .... a pint of my favourite ..... a decent article with no interruptions ....... See you in an hour !  Other times though we don't want that do we?  We need St. Tropez ....... A pocket load of cash, all our mates and ... erm Beck! .... I haven't got a clue what Becks next release is going to sound like and I'm pretty sure that he hasn't got a scoobies either. That's one of the things I kinda like about him. Im pretty sure that any geezer who pens tunes the likes of 'Asshole', 'Modern Guilt', 'Devils Haircut', & 'Loser', is gonna cut it when it comes to fitting in with my drinking partners. A dead funny boss conversationalist who gets the round in ? ... I don't know ? . Unpredictable madman who is going to get the party started properly ? ... I also don't know ? ... time won't tell.






















No comments:

Post a Comment